It is with great honor to announce a pinnacle of the SL modelling industry, Mr Liam Netizen. Liam is an inspiration to many male models within the industry and boasts an incredible portfolio of experience. To name a few, he was a Mr Virtual World Finalist in 2009, featured on the cover of The Best of Second Life Magazine in June 2009 and is represented by SL’s most profound and elite agencies. And rightfully so; he continues to demonstrate excellence in everything he pursues and pushes the boundaries. He is a catalyst for excellence as you will note by what he had to say to us below
1. Please tell us about yourself how you ventured into the modelling industry.
I began learning about fashion in SL in September 2008 & decided that I would like to become a model. I then joined Avenure Models Academy & started training. This is how my dream came true in the model & fashion world.
2. Please tell us about some of your accomplishments within the modelling industry and describe what would be one of the most defining moments of your modelling career.
• MR VIRTUAL WORLD FINALIST 09 – MR UK
• WINNER OF BOSL COVER CONTEST – JUNE 09
• Accomplishments & other titles held include:
GIA Top Model
Evane Top Model
BeStar Top Model
BLVD Top Model
ModelX Top Model
Moda Italia Model
To me, my most defining moment was when I won the title of Mr. Virtual World 2009. Nothing pleased me more than winning this title.
3. You have certainly established yourself well within the modelling industry. Please tell us what you believe are the essential elements to being a successful model. Do you have any advice for aspiring models?
I feel that Avenue Models Academy gave me the skills to become successful as a model. It was very useful & I was able to learn quickly the correct way of doing things. My advice to aspiring models would be to seek out a modeling agency to teach them properly.
4. What do you like and dislike about modelling?
I like the recognition that comes along with being a model. It makes me feel very proud. It’s a very exciting feeling for me everytime I walk down the catwalk. I wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything.
I have to be honest & tell you though that I’m profoundly deaf in RL. This sometimes can be very frustrating to me when people use voice chat in SL. Especially when they are trying to explain to you how a show is supposed to go. This makes my job very difficult & sometimes leaves me feeling left out. But I’m glad when they realize that I am deaf & then take the time to type for me.
5. Finally, please tell us what motivates you to be a model. Who inspires you the most and what is your inspiration?
Salvo Waydelich has been a great inspiration to me. I first met him after I graduated from Avenue Models. We began exploring fashion shows in SL & I would watch as Salvo modeled. I guess you could say, I learned by his example.
Thank you so much Liam for allowing us to spotlight you. We wish you all the best on your future endeavours within the modelling industry and of course, generally!
Don’t forget to comment on Liam Netizen’s spotlight! Your feedback is always valued